Wednesday, November 6, 2013

To Be Continued

I'm thinking again about borders and boundaries.  I was having a long and lovely conversation about our lives, exterior and interior, w/ a friend at a marvelous new little cafe, when I found myself again asserting that I don't believe God uses force, and that I prefer permeable and flexible "boundary markers" over "walls."  Yet, as I was expressing what I consider ideal, I realized that I recognized there might be worthy exceptions to this and that I would like to gain clarity on this topic in the coming decade.  Laughter.  Notice I'm giving myself a whole ten years to figure out this facet of healthy relating!

But before entertaining exceptions, I'd like to examine more closely why I believe God doesn't use force, or prefers to not use force.  Where, how, and why did I get this idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment