Saturday, February 18, 2012

Let there be silence!

Dear Leo,
I'm still in the process of discerning how to proceed w/ this newly intensified desire to do "something more" for God.  I know that it is just as much (or more) God wanting to do something more for and w/ me!  But, either way, I know God wants my fiat and my active participation (and formation) along the way, w/ each step.  Sometimes I complain to God that He is so slow to act in some cases, especially when I can't see the redemptive value in what is given now.  But, in this instance, I wonder and worry that maybe God is thinking of me "Why is she so slow to respond?  Why is she so unknowing?  Why is she so unsure?  Why can't she hear me?"  And yet, I don't really think God is asking any of these "why's".  My Lord knows me through and through.  And I am yielded to Him.  What I really think is that the Lord is doing wonderful work all the time, work of which I am yet unaware.  I must simply remain faithful and attuned to His "still, small voice."

There are, however, things I allow to distract me from hearing His Voice.  So part of being faithful means, for me, to forsake those things that would distract me.  Let there be silence and a void that only the Holy Spirit can fill w/ Holy effect.  Let me wait for my Lord to speak.  Let my heart hunger for Him, and only Him!

Jesu Juva!
Solo Dei gloria!

Thank you, Leo, for listening.  Thank you, and all the others in this great "cloud of witnesses" who pray for all of us here.  Thank you for your faithfulness while here.  I can't wait to be w/ you all, when the Lord decides it's time!

Come quickly, Lord!
Amen!
~Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment