Monday, June 4, 2012

Just Begin

Dear Leo,
Whenever there is something on my mind that I feel/know I must do, but don't want to, if I avoid beginning, my ability to focus on doing anything at all (even things I want to do) is thwarted.  So why do I procrastinate?  I suppose because ambivalence is stronger than my sense of duty!  Hmm...  Do I like fostering ambivalence?  Not really.  As I examine this thought process I realize I also have a great sense of fear.  What is it I fear?  I'm afraid I won't be successful w/ whatever it is I feel obliged to do.  Is it really that I fear I can't do it?  No, it is that I fear I won't measure up to doing it as well as I think it ought to be done.  Wow.  This is a tremendously strong fear in me.  However, the teacher in me responds w/ compassionate sympathy yet persistent encouragement to "just do it."  "Begin.  And as you proceed, trust you will improve."  Okay.  I'm going to take one thing I've been avoiding today, and simply "begin."  I'll get back to you later on how it went.  Thanks for listening!!! :)
~ Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment